Grad Track (BS/MS Accelerated Program)


What is "Grad Track": Grad Track option is a BS/MS accelerated program for MEE undergraduate students. The student can take a maximum of nine (9) credit hours of graduate courses while the student is completing the BS degree. These credits will be counted towards both the BS and MS degrees.

How Does Grad Track Work?

Here is the step-by-step process:

  1. The student applies for the Grad Track option in the junior year (completed at least 75 credit hours with GPA of 3.5 or higher)
  2. After the application is approved and has completed at least 90 credit hours, the students can start taking the graduate courses as technical electives or energy electives for the BS degree requirement. For the graduate courses to be counted for the MS degree later, the student must get B or above for the courses.
  3. The student applies to Toulouse Graduate School within the first semester of the senior year. Once the student satisfies all coursework for BS degree they will be fully admitted to the MS program.
  4. The students must enroll in graduate school in the long semester after finishing their BS degree and should take the remaining graduate courses in the following year(s) to complete his/her MEEN-MS degree. If the student did not enroll in graduate school in the long semester after finishing their BS degree, those graduate course credit hours will not be counted anymore for the MS degree even if the student comes back for graduate school in the future.


To apply for the Grad Track option, the student needs to meet the following criteria:

  1. The student should be a major in UNT Mechanical and Energy Engineering's BS program.
  2. The student can apply for the Grad Track option from his/her junior year (completed at least 75 credit hours, a benchmark is if the student is ready for MEE Senior Design in the following Fall semester).
  3. Minimum of 3 .5 or higher cumulative GPA required at the time of application submission. Also prefer to have an average grade of 3.5 for MEE core courses (MEEN 2210, MEEN3110, MEEN3120, MEEN 3250).

How to apply?

  1. Fill out the Grad Track Toulouse Graduate School Application.
  2. Fill out the Grad Track Department Application.
  3. Attach a copy of unofficial UNT transcripts
  4. Attach two recommendation letters from MEE faculty members
  5. Submit all documents to Callie Wooten at
  6. For questions contact Callie Wooten at +1 (940) 369-8482


Need more info or have questions?
Contact Callie Wooten
+1 (940) 369-8482